The successful candidates will spend the summer working with a sales/credit expert to learn the basics of agricultural lending.
The following branches will be accepting interns for the summer of 2019.
South Carolina: Summerville, Aiken, Anderson, Rock Hill Georgia: Douglas, Madison, Carrollton, Thomaston
• Learn about the Farm Credit System, AgSouth Farm Credit and its products and services, and primary job functions of AgSouth’s key positions.
• Develop the skills necessary to effectively promote AgSouth’s business by understanding how to make a sound credit decision, how to market AgSouth’s products and services and how to service existing customers.
• Complete assignments and projects both at the company and branch levels as assigned and within the specified timeframe.
• Learn how to obtain loan applications, perform financial analysis, review credit reports, prepare loan approval/denial recommendations, and perform collateral inspections
• Participate in public relations events with lending and marketing staff.
• Currently pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Agribusiness, or Agriculture; including minimum completion of sophomore year of coursework
• A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)