AgSouth Farm Credit is looking for a Human Resources Intern in our Statesboro, Georgia corporate headquarters location. The Internship will run from May 14, 2019 through August 4, 2019. Some travel will be required. This is a paid internship; however,
students must provide their own housing and transportation. Business related expenses will be paid by the organization. The HR Intern will be responsible for the completion of a project and present project results and recommendations to management at the conclusion
of the internship program.
The Human Resources internship opportunity at AgSouth provides on-the-job and formal training, as well as exposure to and work experience with multiple business segments in different areas of HR such as:
• Talent Acquisition
• Employee Benefits and Payroll
• Talent Development
• Assist the AgSouth Human Resources Department in the talent acquisition process including:
o Researching current recruiting trends and provide recommendations for best practices.
o Scheduling and assisting with interviews.
o Learning and assisting with the Applicant Tracking System.
• Assist the benefits and payroll process with the creation and maintenance of all personnel files and any separate files required for accurate and proper Electronic HR File Retention.
• Assist with training events and talent development initiatives.
• Includes other special projects and support of the HR department as needed.
• Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, human resources, technology or related field.
• Junior Status or above.
• Strong administrative skills, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work with confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
• Proficient use of grammar and business communication (both oral and written), and ability to create/update forms, reports, presentations and correspondence.
• Detailed innovator with problem solving skills, creative, and strong work ethic
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher
• Experience with course design/authoring tools.
• Communication (Verbal and Written)
• Detail Oriented
• Customer Focused
• Organizational Skills
• Priority Setting/Time Management
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
Why work for AgSouth Farm Credit?
AgSouth is a part of the National Farm Credit System who supports the financial needs of rural communities. We recognize that happy employees create happy customers, and we work to give our employees the tools they need to succeed. We provide competitive compensation,
medical and dental benefits, 401(k) matching and career and professional development programs.
AgSouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.